160220 Q&A with MaresBears
Saturday, February 20, 2016 | 8:03 AM | 0comments
FAQ (frequently asked questions)
Q: How many languages can you speak?
- I am fluent in 3 (English, Mandarin, Vietnamese) and proficient in 2 (Korean, French, Taiwanese/臺語)
Q: How did you learn Korean?
- I picked it up through watching lots of videos and exposing myself to it a lot, practising it with my best friend also helped loads! So yeah, I self studied for around 1 year and a half~
Q: How old are you?
- I'm a 99 liner, which means I'm 17 this year
Q: Where are you from?
- I'm Taiwanese (half Vietnamese)
Q: Where do you live?
- I am currently living in HCMC, Vietnam
Q. What are your tips for learning new languages?
- My #1 top tip would be practice! After you've learnt the basic grammar and some vocabulary, it's important to start practicing with natives so you can be more comfortable in speaking in that language, also they will probably be able to help you improve or correct your mistakes! As for vocabulary, flashcards would really help and just revising them every one or two days is a good way to keep them in your head.